Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP)
Scholarship to Study in Canada
The ELAP (Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program) scholarships provide students from Latin America and the Caribbean with short-term exchange opportunities for study in Canada, at colleges, in the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Duration: one academic semester/term of study starting fall 2017 or winter 2018.
Universities: Royal Roads University or Memorial University of Newfoundland
Deadline: April 17th, 2017
Financial support: Canadian institutions will disburse scholarship funds to the scholarship recipient to contribute to the following costs:
- Visa fees
- Health insurance
- Living expenses
- Ground transportation expenses, including a monthly bus pass
- Books and supplies required for the recipient’s study, excluding computers and other equipment.
- Average grade of 85
- 50% of the credits approved
- Copy of valid passport
- TOEFL IBT (79 points) or equivalent (TOEIC)
- Letter of intent from the candidate: a letter in English describing the nature of their studies to be undertaken and explaining the rationale for study in Canada and for the choice of institution. The candidate must also indicate how the proposed program of study will relate to their future career (maximum one page).
This scholarship applies only for bachelor students in the areas of Business Administration, Communication, Computer & Electrical Engineering and Special Education. Candidates are not eligible if they:
- have obtained Canadian citizenship or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada;
- are already participating in an exchange scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada;
- are already enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions must be met during the period of the scholarship.
- must engage in full-time studies as defined by the Canadian institution (English and French language studies/Linguistic training are excluded);
- in pharmacy, medicine, dentistry or other health fields are excluded from clinical training or clinically-oriented research involving direct patient-care;
- must be proficient in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French) before their arrival in Canada;
- may not hold any other scholarship granted by the Government of Canada;
- must arrive in Canada by September for the fall semester or by January for the winter semester;
- must ensure that they have appropriate health insurance for the full duration of the scholarship, as per the policies of the Canadian institution.
Please remember that you will compete internationally for these scholarships. Submitting the application won´t guarantee you a scholarship.
Send a complete application before April 17th, 2017 to Verónica Castro at email@example.com
Only complete applications will be accepted!